Are you preparing for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional SAP-C01 Exam? In this post we will share all details about this exam and how to pass the exam in an easy way with less effort. What’s the best way for you to prepare for AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional Exam In 2022? Passing score and when you will get the exam results.
- 1 Who should take this exam?
- 2 What does it take to earn this certification?
- 3 Exam overview
- 4 Languages offered
- 5 Introduction
- 6 Target candidate description
- 7 What is considered out of scope for the target candidate?
- 8 Exam content
- 9 When will you get your exam results?
- 9.1 How often exams are updated?
- 9.2 How many questions do I need to answer correctly to achieve a passing score?
- 9.3 Unscored content
- 9.4 Response types
- 9.5 Content outline
- 9.6 What’s the best way for me to prepare for AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional Exam In 2022?
- 9.7 What is the retake policy?
- 10 Share this:
- 11 Like this:
Who should take this exam?
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional is intended for individuals with two or more years of hands-on experience designing and deploying cloud architecture on AWS. Before you take this exam, we recommend you have:
- Ability to evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications on AWS.
- Familiarity with AWS CLI, AWS APIs, AWS CloudFormation templates, the AWS Billing Console, the AWS Management Console, a scripting language, and Windows and Linux environments.
- Ability to design a hybrid architecture using key AWS technologies (e.g., VPN, AWS Direct Connect) as well as a continuous integration and deployment process.
- Ability to provide best practice guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications and projects of the enterprise as well as an ability to map business objectives to application/architecture requirements.
What does it take to earn this certification?
The exam features a combination of two question formats: multiple choice and multiple response. Additional information, such as the exam content outline and passing score, is in the exam guide. To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional exam (SAP-C01).
Cost: 300 USD
Format: 75 questions, either multiple choice or multiple response
Length: 180 minutes to complete the exam
Delivery method: Pearson VUE and PSI; testing center or online proctored exam
This exam is offered in the following languages: English, French (France), German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Simplified Chinese, and Spanish (Latin America).
The exam validates a candidate’s advanced technical skills and experience in designing distributed applications and systems on the AWS platform. The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional (SAP-C01) exam is intended for individuals who perform a solutions architect role. The exam also validates a candidate’s ability to complete the following tasks:
- Migrate complex, multi-tier applications on AWS.
- Design and deploy dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable applications on AWS.
- Implement cost-control strategies.
- Select appropriate AWS services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements.
- Design and deploy enterprise-wide scalable operations on AWS.
Target candidate description
The target candidate has the ability to evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications on AWS.
The target candidate should have 2 or more years of experience designing and deploying cloud architecture on AWS.
The target candidate is capable of providing best practice guidance on architectural design spanning multiple applications and projects, or an enterprise.
What is considered out of scope for the target candidate?
The following is a non-exhaustive list of related job tasks that the target candidate is not expected to be able to perform. These items are considered out of scope for the exam:
- Enterprise applications.
- Front-end development for mobile apps.
- Machine learning.
- Amazon GameLift.
- Database schemas for high-scale persistent stores.
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems.
- 12-factor app methodology.
Your results for the exam are reported as a scaled score of 100–1,000. The minimum passing score is 750. Your score shows how you performed on the exam as a whole and whether or not you passed. Scaled scoring models help equate scores across multiple exam forms that might have slightly different difficulty levels.
Each section of the exam has a specific weighting, so some sections have more questions than others. The table contains general information that highlights your strengths and weaknesses. Use caution when interpreting section-level feedback.
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional (SAP-C01) exam is a pass or fail exam. The exam is scored against a minimum standard established by AWS professionals who follow certification industry best practices and guidelines.
Your score report may contain a table of classifications of your performance at each section level. This information is intended to provide general feedback about your exam performance. The exam uses a compensatory scoring model, which means that you do not need to achieve a passing score in each section. You need to pass only the overall exam.
When will you get your exam results?
Upon completing most exams, you will receive a preliminary pass or fail notification on the testing screen. However, you may not receive a pass or fail notification on the testing screen upon completing the AWS Certified SysOps Administration – Associate (SOA-C02) and AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional (SAP-C01) exams. Your detailed exam results will be available within five business days of completing your exam in your AWS Certification Account, under Previous Exams.
Beta exam results are typically available 90 days (13 weeks) or less from the close of the beta exam. You will be notified via email once your exam results are available in your AWS Certification Account.
How often exams are updated?
AWS Certification regularly rotates questions in and out that adhere to the exam guide. Major revisions to an exam, including changes to an exam guide, will be made public. The exam guide for each exam lists the current topic areas covered by the exam.
How many questions do I need to answer correctly to achieve a passing score?
AWS Certification passing scores are set by using statistical analysis and are subject to change. AWS does not publish exam passing scores because exam questions and passing scores are updated to reflect changes in test forms as the content is updated.
AWS collects information about candidate performance on these unscored questions to evaluate these questions for future use as scored questions. The exam includes 10 unscored questions that do not affect your score. These unscored questions are not identified on the exam.
Select one or more responses that best completes the statement or answers the question. Distractors, or incorrect answers, are response options that a candidate with incomplete knowledge or skill might choose. Distractors are generally plausible responses that match the content area. Unanswered questions are scored as incorrect; there is no penalty for guessing. The exam includes 65 questions that will affect your score. There are two types of questions on the exam:
- Multiple response: Has two or more correct responses out of five or more response options.
- Multiple choice: Has one correct response and three incorrect responses (distractors).
This exam guide includes weightings, test domains, and objectives for the exam. It is not a comprehensive listing of the content on the exam. However, additional context for each of the objectives is available to help guide your preparation for the exam. The following table lists the main content domains and their weightings. The table precedes the complete exam content outline, which includes the additional context. The percentage in each domain represents only scored content.
What’s the best way for me to prepare for AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional Exam In 2022?
We’re sharing a lot of parts to help you practice before taking the exam. We already shared the audio version to help you practice anytime and anywhere.
Actual Exam Version:
What is the retake policy?
If you fail an exam, you must wait 14 days before you are eligible to retake the exam. There is no limit on exam attempts. However, you must pay the full registration fee for each exam attempt. Once you have passed an exam, you will not be able to retake the same exam for two years. If the exam has been updated with a new exam guide and exam series code, you will be eligible to take the new exam version.
Note that beta exam test takers can take the beta version only once, after which they will need to wait to retake the exam when the official certification exam becomes generally available.