Notes: Hi all, We’re sharing AWS Solutions Architect Professional Practice Exam Part 6 will familiarize you with types of questions you may encounter on the certification exam and help you determine your readiness or if you need more preparation and/or experience. Successful completion of the practice exam does not guarantee you will pass the certification exam as the actual exam is longer and covers a wider range of topics. We highly recommend you should take AWS Solutions Architect Professional Actual Exam Version because it include actual exam questions and highlighted answers are collected in our exam. It will help you pass exam in easier way.
For PDF Version:
Part 1: https://www.awslagi.com/aws-solutions-architecture-professional-practice-questions/
Part 2: https://www.awslagi.com/aws-solutions-architect-professional-practice-questions-part-2
Part 3: https://www.awslagi.com/aws-solutions-architect-professional-practice-questions-part-3
Part 4: https://www.awslagi.com/aws-solutions-architect-professional-practice-questions-part-4
Part 5: https://www.awslagi.com/aws-solutions-architect-professional-practice-questions-part-5
Part 6: https://www.awslagi.com/aws-solutions-architect-professional-practice-questions-part-6
Part 7: https://www.awslagi.com/aws-solutions-architect-professional-practice-questions-part-7
Part 8: https://www.awslagi.com/aws-solutions-architect-professional-practice-questions-part-8
1. A Solutions Architect is migrating a 10 TB PostgreSQL database to Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL. The company’s internet link is 50 MB with a VPN in the Amazon VPC, and the Solutions Architect needs to migrate the data and synchronize the changes before the cutover. The cutover must take place within an 8-day period. What is the LEAST complex method of migrating the database securely and reliably?
A. Order an AWS Snowball device and copy the database using the AWS DMS. When the database is available in Amazon S3, use AWS DMS to load it to Amazon RDS, and configure a job to synchronize changes before the cutover.
B. Create an AWS DMS job to continuously replicate the data from on premise to AWS. Cutover to Amazon RDS after the data is synchronized.
C. Order an AWS Snowball device and copy a database dump to the device. After the data has been copied to Amazon S3, import it to the Amazon RDS instance. Set up log shipping over a VPN to synchronize changes before the cutover.
D. Order an AWS Snowball device and copy the database by using the AWS Schema Conversion Tool. When the data is available in Amazon S3, use AWS DMS to load it to Amazon RDS, and configure a job to synchronize changes before the cutover.
2. A bank is re-architecting its mainframe-based credit card approval processing application to a cloud-native application on the AWS cloud. The new application will receive up to 1,000 requests per second at peak load. There are multiple steps to each transaction, and each step must receive the result of the previous step. The entire request must return an authorization response within less than 2 seconds with zero data loss. Every request must receive a response. The solution must be Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)-compliant. Which option will meet all of the bank’s objectives with the LEAST complexity and LOWEST cost while also meeting compliance requirements?
A. Create an Amazon API Gateway to process inbound requests using a single AWS Lambda task that performs multiple steps and returns a JSON object with the approval status. Open a support case to increase the limit for the number of concurrent Lambdas to allow room for bursts of activity due to the new application.
B. Create an Application Load Balancer with an Amazon ECS cluster on Amazon EC2 Dedicated instances in a target group to process incoming requests. Use Auto Scaling to scale the cluster out/in based on average CPU utilization. Deploy a web service that processes all of the approval steps and returns a JSON object with the approval status.
C. Deploy the application on Amazon EC2 on Dedicated Instances. Use an Elastic Load Balancer in front of a farm of application servers in an Auto Scaling group to handle incoming requests. Scale out/in based on a custom Amazon CloudWatch metric for the number of inbound requests per second after measuring the capacity of a single instance.
D. Create an Amazon API Gateway to process inbound requests using a series of AWS Lambda processes, each with an Amazon SQS input queue. As each step completes, it writes its result to the next step’s queue. The final step returns a JSON object with the approval status. Open a support case to increase the limit for the number of concurrent Lambdas to allow room for bursts of activity due to the new application.
3. An auction website enables users to bid on collectible items. The auction rules require that each bid is processed only once and in the order it was received. The current implementation is based on a fleet of Amazon EC2 web servers that write bid records into Amazon Kinesis Data Streams. A single t2.large instance has a cron job that runs the bid processor, which reads incoming bids from Kinesis Data Streams and processes each bid. The auction site is growing in popularity, but users are complaining that some bids are not registering. Troubleshooting indicates that the bid processor is too slow during peak demand hours, sometimes crashes while processing, and occasionally loses track of which records is being
What changes should make the bid processing more reliable?
A. Refactor the web application to use the Amazon Kinesis Producer Library (KPL) when posting bids to Kinesis Data Streams. Refactor the bid processor to flag each record in Kinesis Data Streams as being unread, processing, and processed. At the start of each bid processing run, scan Kinesis Data Streams for unprocessed records.
B. Refactor the web application to post each incoming bid to an Amazon SNS topic in place of Kinesis Data Streams. Configure the SNS topic to trigger an AWS Lambda function that processes each bid as soon as a user submits it.
C. Refactor the web application to post each incoming bid to an Amazon SQS FIFO queue in place of Kinesis Data Streams. Refactor the bid processor to continuously the SQS queue. Place the bid processing EC2 instance in an Auto Scaling group with a minimum and a maximum size of 1.
D. Switch the EC2 instance type from t2.large to a larger general compute instance type. Put the bid processor EC2 instances in an Auto Scaling group that scales out the number of EC2 instances running the bid processor, based on the IncomingRecords metric in Kinesis Data Streams.
4. A Solutions Architect is designing a system that will collect and store data from 2,000 internet connected sensors. Each sensor produces 1 KB of data every second. The data must be available for analysis within a few seconds of it being sent to the system and stored for analysis indefinitely. Which is the MOST cost-effective solution for collecting and storing the data?
A. Put each record in Amazon Kinesis Data Streams. Use an AWS Lambda function to write each record to an object in Amazon S3 with a prefix that organizes the records by hour and hashes the record’s key. Analyze recent data from Kinesis Data Streams and historical data from Amazon S3.
B. Put each record in Amazon Kinesis Data Streams. Set up Amazon Kinesis Data Firehouse to read records from the stream and group them into objects in Amazon S3. Analyze recent data from Kinesis Data Streams and historical data from Amazon S3.
C. Put each record into an Amazon DynamoDB table. Analyze the recent data by querying the table. Use an AWS Lambda function connected to a DynamoDB stream to group records together, write them into objects in Amazon S3, and then delete the record from the DynamoDB table. Analyze recent data from the DynamoDB table and historical data from Amazon S3
D. Put each record into an object in Amazon S3 with a prefix what organizes the records by hour and hashes the record’s key. Use S3 lifecycle management to transition objects to S3 infrequent access storage to reduce storage costs. Analyze recent and historical data by accessing the data in Amazon S3
5. A company runs an IoT platform on AWS. IoT sensors in various locations send data to the company’s Node.js API servers on Amazon EC2 instances running behind an Application Load Balancer. The data is stored in an Amazon RDS MySQL DB instance that uses a 4 TB General Purpose SSD volume. The number of sensors the company has deployed in the field has increased over time, and is expected to grow significantly. The API servers are consistently overloaded and RDS metrics show high write latency. Which of the following steps together will resolve the issues permanently and enable growth as new sensors are provisioned, while keeping this platform cost-efficient? (Choose two.)
A. Resize the MySQL General Purpose SSD storage to 6 TB to improve the volume’s IOPS
B. Re-architect the database tier to use Amazon Aurora instead of an RDS MySQL DB instance and add read replicas
C. Leverage Amazon Kinesis Data Streams and AWS Lambda to ingest and process the raw data
D. Use AWS-X-Ray to analyze and debug application issues and add more API servers to match the load
E. Re-architect the database tier to use Amazon DynamoDB instead of an RDS MySQL DB instance
6. A company that is new to AWS reports it has exhausted its service limits across several accounts that are on the Basic Support plan. The company would like to prevent this from happening in the future. What is the MOST efficient way of monitoring and managing all service limits in the company’s accounts?
A. Use Amazon CloudWatch and AWS Lambda to periodically calculate the limits across all linked accounts using AWS Trusted Advisor, provide notifications using Amazon SNS if the limits are close to exceeding the threshold.
B. Reach out to AWS Support to proactively increase the limits across all accounts. That way, the customer avoids creating and managing infrastructure just to raise the service limits.
C. Use Amazon CloudWatch and AWS Lambda to periodically calculate the limits across all linked accounts using AWS Trusted Advisor, programmatically increase the limits that are close to exceeding the threshold.
D. Use Amazon CloudWatch and AWS Lambda to periodically calculate the limits across all linked accounts using AWS Trusted Advisor, and use Amazon SNS for notifications if a limit is close to exceeding the threshold. Ensure that the accounts are using the AWS Business Support plan at a minimum.
7. A company receives clickstream data files to Amazon S3 every five minutes. A Python script runs as a cron job once a day on an Amazon EC2 instance to process each file and load it into a database hosted on Amazon RDS. The cron job takes 15 to 30 minutes to process 24 hours of data. The data consumers ask for the data be available as soon as possible. Which solution would accomplish the desired outcome?
A. Increase the size of the instance to speed up processing and update the schedule to run once an hour.
B. Convert the cron job to an AWS Lambda function and trigger this new function using a cron job on an EC2 instance.
C. Convert the cron job to an AWS Lambda function and schedule it to run once an hour using Amazon CloudWatch events.
D. Create an AWS Lambda function that runs when a file is delivered to Amazon S3 using S3 event notifications.
8. A company runs its containerized batch jobs on Amazon ECS. The jobs are scheduled by submitting a container image, a task definition, and the relevant data to an Amazon S3 bucket. Container images may be unique per job. Running the jobs as quickly as possible is of utmost importance, so submitting jobs artifacts to the S3 bucket triggers the job to run immediately. Sometimes there may be no jobs running at all. However, jobs of any size can be submitted with no prior warning to the IT Operations team. Job definitions include CPU and memory resource requirements. What solution will allow the batch jobs to complete as quickly as possible after being scheduled?
A. Schedule the jobs on an Amazon ECS cluster using the Amazon EC2 launch type. Use Service Auto Scaling to increase or decrease the number of running tasks to suit the number of running jobs.
B. Schedule the jobs directly on EC2 instances. Use Reserved Instances for the baseline minimum load, and use On-Demand Instances in an Auto Scaling group to scale up the platform based on demand.
C. Schedule the jobs on an Amazon ECS cluster using the Fargate launch type. Use Service Auto Scaling to increase or decrease the number of running tasks to suit the number of running jobs.
D. Schedule the jobs on an Amazon ECS cluster using the Fargate launch type. Use Spot Instances in an Auto Scaling group to scale the platform based on demand. Use Service Auto Scaling to increase or decrease the number of running tasks to suit the number of running jobs.
9. A company used Amazon EC2 instances to deploy a web fleet to host a blog site. The EC2 instances are behind an Application Load Balancer (ALB) and are configured in an Auto Scaling group. The web application stores all blog content on an Amazon EFS volume. The company recently added a feature for bloggers to add video to their posts, attracting 10 times the previous user traffic. At peak times of day, users report buffering and timeout issues while attempting to reach the site or watch videos. Which is the MOST cost-efficient and scalable deployment that will resolve the issues for users?
A. Reconfigure Amazon EFS to enable maximum I/O.
B. Update the blog site to use instance store volumes for storage. Copy the site contents to the volumes at launch and to Amazon S3 at shutdown.
C. Configure an Amazon CloudFront distribution. Point the distribution to an S3 bucket, and migrate the videos from EFS to Amazon S3.
D. Set up an Amazon CloudFront distribution for all suite contents, and point the distribution at the ALB.
10. A company is using AWS to run an internet-facing production application written in Node.js. The Development team is responsible for pushing new versions of their software directly to production. The application software is updated multiple times a day. The team needs guidance from a Solutions Architect to help them deploy the software to the production fleet quickly and with the least amount of disruption to the service. Which option meets these requirements?
A. Prepackage the software into an AMI and then use Auto Scaling to deploy the production fleet. For software changes, update the AMI and allow Auto Scaling to automatically push the new AMI to production.
B. Use AWS CodeDeploy to push the prepackaged AMI to production. For software changes, reconfigure CodeDeploy with new AMI identification to push the new AMI to the production fleet.
C. Use AWS Elastic Beanstalk to host the production application. For software changes, upload the new application version to Elastic Beanstalk to push this to the production fleet using a blue/green deployment method.
D. Deploy the base AMI through Auto Scaling and bootstrap the software using user data. For software changes, SSH to each of the instances and replace the software with the new version.
11. A company would like to implement a serverless application by using Amazon API Gateway, AWS Lambda and Amazon DynamoDB. They deployed a proof of concept and stated that the average response time is greater than what their upstream services can accept Amazon CloudWatch metrics did not indicate any issues with DynamoDB but showed that some Lambda functions were hitting their timeout. Which of the following actions should the Solutions Architect consider to improve performance? (Choose two.)
A. Configure the AWS Lambda function to reuse containers to avoid unnecessary startup time.
B. Increase the amount of memory and adjust the timeout on the Lambda function. Complete performance testing to identify the ideal memory and timeout configuration for the Lambda function.
C. Create an Amazon ElastiCache cluster running Memcached, and configure the Lambda function for VPC integration with access to the Amazon ElastiCache cluster.
D. Enable API cache on the appropriate stage in Amazon API Gateway, and override the TTL for individual methods that require a lower TTL than the entire stage.
12. A company is using AWS CloudFormation to deploy its infrastructure. The company is concerned that, if a production CloudFormation stack is deleted, important data stored in Amazon RDS databases or Amazon EBS volumes might also be deleted. How can the company prevent users from accidentally deleting data in this way?
A. Modify the CloudFormation templates to add a DeletionPolicy attribute to RDS and EBS resources.
B. Configure a stack policy that disallows the deletion of RDS and EBS resources.
C. Modify IAM policies to deny deleting RDS an EBS resources that are tagged with an “aws:cloudformation:stackname” tag.
D. Use AWS Config rules to prevent deleting RDS and EBS resources.
13. A company has an application that generates a weather forecast that is updated every 15 minutes with an output resolution of 1 billion unique positions, each approximately 20 bytes in size (20 Gigabytes per forecast). Every hour, the forecast data is globally accessed approximately 5 million times (1,400 requests per second), and up to 10 times more during weather events. The forecast data is overwritten every update. Users of the current weather forecast application expect responses to queries to be returned in less than two seconds for each request. Which design meets the required request rate and response time?
A. Store forecast locations in an Amazon ES cluster. Use an Amazon CloudFront distribution targeting an Amazon API Gateway endpoint with AWS Lambda functions responding to queries as the origin. Enable API caching on the API Gateway stage with a cache-control timeout set for 15 minutes.
B. Store forecast locations in an Amazon EFS volume. Create an Amazon CloudFront distribution that targets an Elastic Load Balancing group of an Auto Scaling fleet of Amazon EC2 instances that have mounted the Amazon EFS volume. Set the set cache-control timeout for 15 minutes in the CloudFront distribution.
C. Store forecast locations in an Amazon ES cluster. Use an Amazon CloudFront distribution targeting an API Gateway endpoint with AWS Lambda functions responding to queries as the origin. Create an Amazon Lambda@Edge function that caches the data locally at edge locations for 15 minutes.
D. Store forecast locations in an Amazon S3 as individual objects. Create an Amazon CloudFront distribution targeting an Elastic Load Balancing group of an Auto Scaling fleet of EC2 instances, querying the origin of the S3 object. Set the cache-control timeout for 15 minutes in the CloudFront distribution.
14. A Solutions Architect must migrate an existing on-premises web application with 70 TB of static files supporting a public open-data initiative. The architect wants to upgrade to the latest version of the host operating system as part of the migration effort. Which is the FASTEST and MOST cost-effective way to perform the migration?
A. Run a physical-to-virtual conversion on the application server. Transfer the server image over the internet, and transfer the static data to Amazon S3.
B. Run a physical-to-virtual conversion on the application server. Transfer the server image over AWS Direct Connect, and transfer the static data to Amazon S3.
C. Re-platform the server to Amazon EC2, and use AWS Snowball to transfer the static data to Amazon S3.
D. Re-platform the server by using the AWS Server Migration Service to move the code and data to a new Amazon EC2 instance.
15. A company has a requirement that only allows specially hardened AMIs to be launched into public subnets in a VPC, and for the AMIs to be associated with a specific security group. Allowing noncompliant instances to launch into the public subnet could present a significant security risk if they are allowed to operate. A mapping of approved AMIs to subnets to security groups exists in an Amazon DynamoDB table in the same AWS account. The company created an AWS Lambda function that, when invoked, will terminate a given Amazon EC2 instance if the combination of AMI, subnet, and security group are not approved in the DynamoDB table. What should the Solutions Architect do to MOST quickly mitigate the risk of compliance deviations?
A. Create an Amazon CloudWatch Events rule that matches each time an EC2 instance is launched using one of the allowed AMIs, and associate it with the Lambda function as the target.
B. For the Amazon S3 bucket receiving the Aws CloudTrail logs, create an S3 event notification configuration with a filter to match when logs contain the ec2:RunInstances action, and associate it with the Lambda function as the target.
C. Enable AWS CloudTrail and configure it to stream to an Amazon CloudWatch Logs group. Create a metric filter in CloudWatch to match when the ec2:RunInstances action occurs, and trigger the Lambda function when the metric is greater than 0.
D. Create an Amazon CloudWatch Events rule that matches each time an EC2 instance is launched, and associate it with the Lambda function as the target.
16. A company is running a large application on-premises. Its technology stack consists of Microsoft .NET for the web server platform and Apache Cassandra for the database. The company wants to migrate the application to AWS to improve service reliability. The IT team also wants to reduce the time it spends on capacity management and maintenance of this infrastructure. The Development team is willing and available to make code changes to support the migration. Which design is the LEAST complex to manage after the migration?
A. Migrate the web servers to Amazon EC2 instances in an Auto Scaling group that is running .NET. Migrate the existing Cassandra database to Amazon Aurora with multiple read replicas, and run both in a Multi-AZ mode.
B. Migrate the web servers to an AWS Elastic Beanstalk environment that is running the .NET platform in a Multi-AZ Auto Scaling configuration. Migrate the Cassandra database to Amazon EC2 instances that are running in a Multi-AZ configuration.
C. Migrate the web servers to an AWS Elastic Beanstalk environment that is running the .NET platform in a Multi-AZ Auto Scaling configuration. Migrate the existing Cassandra database to Amazon DynamoDB.
D. Migrate the web servers to Amazon EC2 instances in an Auto Scaling group that is running .NET. Migrate the existing Cassandra database to Amazon DynamoDB.
17. A company has a large on-premises Apache Hadoop cluster with a 20 PB HDFS database. The cluster is growing every quarter by roughly 200 instances and 1 PB. The company’s goals are to enable resiliency for its Hadoop data, limit the impact of losing cluster nodes, and significantly reduce costs. The current cluster runs 24/7 and supports a variety of analysis workloads, including interactive queries and batch processing. Which solution would meet these requirements with the LEAST expense and down time?
A. Use AWS Snowmobile to migrate the existing cluster data to Amazon S3. Create a persistent Amazon EMR cluster initially sized to handle the interactive workload based on historical data from the on-premises cluster. Store the data on EMRFS. Minimize costs using Reserved Instances for master and core nodes and Spot Instances for task nodes, and auto scale task nodes based on Amazon CloudWatch metrics. Create job-specific, optimized clusters for batch workloads that are similarly optimized.
B. Use AWS Snowmobile to migrate the existing cluster data to Amazon S3. Create a persistent Amazon EMR cluster of similar size and configuration to the current cluster. Store the data on EMRFS. Minimize costs by using Reserved Instances. As the workload grows each quarter, purchase additional Reserved Instances and add to the cluster.
C. Use AWS Snowball to migrate the existing cluster data to Amazon S3. Create a persistent Amazon EMR cluster initially sized to handle the interactive workloads based on historical data from the on-premises cluster. Store them on EMRFS. Minimize costs using Reserved Instances for master and core nodes and Spot Instances for task nodes, and auto scale task nodes based on Amazon CloudWatch metrics. Create job-specific, optimized clusters for batch workloads that are similarly optimized.
D. Use AWS Direct Connect to migrate the existing cluster data to Amazon S3. Create a persistent Amazon EMR cluster initially sized to handle the interactive workload based on historical data from the on-premises cluster. Store the data on EMRFS. Minimize costs using Reserved Instances for master and core nodes and Spot Instances for task nodes, and auto scale task nodes based on Amazon CloudWatch metrics. Create job-specific, optimized clusters for batch workloads that are similarly optimized.
18. A company runs a Windows Server host in a public subnet that is configured to allow a team of administrators to connect over RDP to troubleshoot issues with hosts in a private subnet. The host must be available at all times outside of a scheduled maintenance window, and needs to receive the latest operating system updates within 3 days of release. What should be done to manage the host with the LEAST amount of administrative effort?
A. Run the host in a single-instance AWS Elastic Beanstalk environment. Configure the environment with a custom AMI to use a hardened machine image from AWS Marketplace. Apply system updates with AWS Systems Manager Patch Manager.
B. Run the host on AWS WorkSpaces. Use Amazon WorkSpaces Application Manager (WAM) to harden the host. Configure Windows automatic updates to occur every 3 days.
C. Run the host in an Auto Scaling group with a minimum and maximum instance count of 1. Use a hardened machine image from AWS Marketplace. Apply system updates with AWS Systems Manager Patch Manager.
D. Run the host in AWS OpsWorks Stacks. Use a Chief recipe to harden the AMI during instance launch. Use an AWS Lambda scheduled event to run the Upgrade Operating System stack command to apply system updates.
19. A company deployed a three-tier web application in two regions: us-east-1 and eu-west-1. The application must be active in both regions at the same time. The database tier of the application uses a single Amazon RDS Aurora database globally, with a master in us-east-1 and a read replica in eu-west-1. Both regions are connected by a VPN. The company wants to ensure that the application remains available even in the event of a region level failure of all of the application’s components. It is acceptable for the application to be in read only mode for up to 1 hour. The company plans to configure two Amazon Route 53 record sets, one for each of the regions. How should the company complete the configuration to meet its requirements while providing the lowest latency for the application end-users? (Choose two.)
A. Use failover routing and configure the us-east-1 record set as primary and the eu-west-1 record set as secondary. Configure an HTTP health check for the web application in us-east-1, and associate it to the us-east-1 record set.
B. Use weighted routing and configure each record set with a weight of 50. Configure an HTTP health check for each region, and attach it to the record set for that region.
C. Use latency-based routing for both record sets. Configure a health check for each region and attach it to the record set for that region.
D. Configure an Amazon CloudWatch alarm for the health checks in us-east-1, and have it invoke an AWS Lambda function that promotes the read replica in eu-west-1.
E. Configure an Amazon RDS event notifications to react to the failure of the database in us-east-1 by invoking an AWS Lambda function that promotes the read replica in eu-west-1
20. Any Company has acquired numerous companies over the past few years. The CIO for Any Company would like to keep the resources for each acquired company separate. The CIO also would like to enforce a chargeback model where each company pays for the AWS services it uses. The Solutions Architect is tasked with designing an AWS architecture that allows Any Company to achieve the following: Implementing a detailed chargeback mechanism to ensure that each company pays for the resources it uses. Any Company can pay for AWS services for all its companies through a single invoice. Developers in each acquired company have access to resources in their company only. Developers in an acquired company should not be able to affect resources in their company only. A single identity store is used to authenticate Developers across all companies. Which of the following approaches would meet these requirements? (Choose two.)
A. Create a multi-account strategy with an account per company. Use consolidated billing to ensure that AnyCompany needs to pay a single bill only.
B. Create a multi-account strategy with a virtual private cloud (VPC) for each company. Reduce impact across companies by not creating any VPC peering links. As everything is in a single account, there will be a single invoice. use tagging to create a detailed bill for each company.
C. Create IAM users for each Developer in the account to which they require access. Create policies that allow the users access to all resources in that account. Attach the policies to the IAM user.
D. Create a federated identity store against the company’s Active Directory. Create IAM roles with appropriate permissions and set the trust relationships with AWS and the identity store. Use AWS STS to grant users access based on the groups they belong to in the identity store.
E. Create a multi-account strategy with an account per company. For billing purposes, use a tagging solution that uses a tag to identify the company that creates each resource.
21. A Solutions Architect is designing a multi-account structure that has 10 existing accounts. The design must meet the following requirements: Consolidate all accounts into one organization. Allow full access to the Amazon EC2 service from the master account and the secondary accounts. Minimize the effort required to add additional secondary accounts. Which combination of steps should be included in the solution? (Choose two.)
A. Create an organization from the master account. Send invitations to the secondary accounts from the master account. Accept the invitations and create an OU.
B. Create an organization from the master account. Send a join request to the master account from each secondary account. Accept the requests and create an OU.
C. Create a VPC peering connection between the master account and the secondary accounts. Accept the request for the VPC peering connection.
D. Create a service control policy (SCP) that enables full EC2 access, and attach the policy to the OU
E. Create a full EC2 access policy and map the policy to a role in each account. Trust every other account to assume the role.
22. A Solutions Architect has created an AWS CloudFormation template for a three-tier application that contains an Auto Scaling group of Amazon EC2 instances running a custom AMI. The Solutions Architect wants to ensure that future updates to the custom AMI can be deployed to a running stack by first updating the template to refer to the new AMI, and then invoking UpdateStack to replace the EC2 instances with instances launched from the new AMI. How can updates to the AMI be deployed to meet these requirements?
A. Create a change set for a new version of the template, view the changes to the running EC2 instances to ensure that the AMI is correctly updated, and then execute the change set.
B. Edit the AWS::AutoScaling: :LaunchConfiguration resource in the template, changing its DeletionPolicy to Replace.
C. Edit the AWS::AutoScaling: :LaunchConfiguration resource in the template, inserting an UpdatePolicy attribute.
D. Create a new stack from the updated template. Once it is successfully deployed, modify the DNS records to point to the new stack and delete the old stack.
23. A group of Amazon EC2 instances have been configured as a high performance computing (HPC) cluster. The instances are running in a placement group, and are able to communicate with each other at network of up to 20 Gbps. The cluster needs to communicate with a control EC2 instance outside of the placement group. The control instance has the same instance type and AMI as the other instances, and is configured with a public IP address. How can the Solutions Architect improve the network speeds between the control instance and the instances in the placement group?
A. Terminate the control instance and relaunch in the placement group.
B. Ensure that the instances are communicating using the private IP addresses.
C. Ensure that the control instance is using an Elastic Network Adapter.
D. Move the control instance inside the placement group.
24. A company must deploy multiple independent instances of an application. The front-end application is internet accessible. However, corporate policy stipulates that the backends are to be isolated from each other and the internet, yet accessible from a centralized administration server. The application setup should be automated to minimize the opportunity for mistakes as new instances are deployed. Which option meets the requirements and MINIMIZES costs?
A. Use an AWS CloudFormation template to create identical IAM roles for each region. Use AWS CloudFormation StackSets to deploy each application instance by using parameters to customize for each instance, and use security groups to isolate each instance while permitting access to the central server.
B. Create each instance of the application IAM roles and resources in separate accounts by using AWS CloudFormation StackSets. Include a VPN connection to the VPN gateway of the central administration server.
C. Duplicate the application IAM roles and resources in separate accounts by using a single CloudFormation template. Include VPC peering to connect the VPC of each application instance to a central VPC.
D. Use the parameters of the AWS CloudFormation template to customize the deployment into separate accounts. Include a NAT gateway to allow communication back to the central administration server.
25. An internal security audit of AWS resources within a company found that a number of Amazon EC2 instances running Microsoft Windows workloads were missing several important operating system-level patches. A Solutions Architect has been asked to fix existing patch deficiencies, and to develop a workflow to ensure that future patching requirements are identified and taken care of quickly. The Solutions Architect has decided to use AWS Systems Manager. It is important that EC2 instance reboots do not occur at the same time on all Windows workloads to meet organizational uptime requirements. Which workflow will meet these requirements in an automated manner?
A. Add a Patch Group tag with a value of Windows Servers to all existing EC2 instances. Ensure that all Windows EC2 instances are assigned this tag. Associate the AWS-DefaultPatchBaseline to the Windows servers patch group. Define an AWS Systems Manager maintenance window, conduct patching within it, and associate it with the Windows Servers patch group. Register instances with the maintenance window using associated subnet IDs. Assign the AWS-RunPatchBaseline document as a task within each maintenance window.
B. Add a Patch Group tag a value of Windows Servers to all existing EC2 instances. Ensure that all Windows EC2 instances are assigned this tag. Associate the AWS-WindowsPatchBaseline document as a task associated with the Windows Servers patch group. Create an Amazon CloudWatch Events rule configured to use a cron expression to schedule the execution of patching using the AWS Systems Manager run command. Create an AWS Systems Manager State Manager document to define commands to be executed during patch execution.
C. Add a Patch Group tag with a value of either Windows Servers1 or Windows Server2 to all existing EC2 instances. Ensure that all Windows EC2 instances are assigned this tag. Associate the AWSDefaultPatchBaseline with both Windows Servers patch groups. Define two non-overlapping AWS Systems Manager maintenance windows, conduct patching within them, and associate each with a different patch group. Register targets with specific maintenance windows using the Patch Group tags. Assign the AWS-RunPatchBaseline document as a task within each maintenance window.
D. Add a Patch Group tag with a value of either Windows servers1 or Windows Server2 to all existing EC2 instances. Ensure that all Windows EC2 instances are assigned this tag. Associate the AWSWindowsPatchBaseline with both Windows Servers patch groups. Define two non-overlapping AWS Systems Manager maintenance windows, conduct patching within them, and associate each with a different patch group. Assign the AWS-RunWindowsPatchBaseline document as a task within each maintenance window. Create an AWS Systems Manager State Manager document to define commands to be executed during patch execution.
26. A company has detected to move some workloads onto AWS to create a grid environment to run market analytics. The grid will consist of many similar instances, spun-up by a job-scheduling function. Each time a large analytics workload is completed, a new VPC is deployed along with the job scheduler and grid nodes. Multiple grids could be running in parallel. Key requirements are: Grid instances must communicate with Amazon S3 to retrieve data to be processed. Grid instances must communicate with Amazon DynamoDB to track intermediate data, The job scheduler needs only to communicate with the Amazon EC2 API to start new grid nodes. A key requirement is that the environment has no access to the internet, either directly or via the on-premises proxy. However, the application needs to be able to seamlessly communicate to Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, and Amazon EC2 API, without the need for reconfiguration for each new deployment. Which of the following should the Solutions Architect do to achieve this target architecture? (Choose three.)
A. Enable VPC endpoints for Amazon S3 and DynamoDB.
B. Disable Private DNS Name Support.
C. Configure the application on the grid instances to use the private DNS name of the Amazon S3 endpoint.
D. Populate the on-premises DNS server with the private IP addresses of the EC2 endpoint.
E. Enable an interface VPC endpoint for EC2.
F. Configure Amazon S3 endpoint policy to permit access only from the grid nodes.
27. A company is moving a business-critical application onto AWS. It is a traditional three-tier web application using an Oracle database. Data must be encrypted in transit and at rest. The database hosts 12 TB of data. Network connectivity to the source Oracle database over the internal is allowed, and the company wants to reduce the operational costs by using AWS Managed Services where possible. All primary keys only; however, it contains many Binary Large Object (BLOB) fields. It was not possible to use the database’s native replication tools because of licensing restrictions. Which database migration solution will result in the LEAST amount of impact to the application’s availability?
A. Provision an Amazon RDS for Oracle instance. Host the RDS database within a virtual private cloud (VPC) subnet with internet access, and set up the RDS database as an encrypted Read Replica of the source database. Use SSL to encrypt the connection between the two databases. Monitor the replication performance by watching the RDS ReplicaLag metric. During the application maintenance window, shut down the on-premises database and switch over the application connection to the RDS instance when there is no more replication lag. Promote the Read Replica into a standalone database instance.
B. Provision an Amazon EC2 instance and install the same Oracle database software. Create a backup of the source database using the supported tools. During the application maintenance window, restore the backup into the Oracle database running in the EC2 instance. Set up an Amazon RDS for Oracle instance, and create an import job between the database hosted in AWS. Shut down the source database and switch over the database connections to the RDS instance when the job is complete.
C. Use AWS DMS to load and replicate the dataset between the on-premises Oracle database and the replication instance hosted on AWS. Provision an Amazon RDS for Oracle instance with Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) enabled and configure it as target for the replication instance. Create a customer-managed AWS KMS master key to set it as the encryption key for the replication instance. Use AWS DMS tasks to load the data into the target RDS instance. During the application maintenance window and after the load tasks reach the ongoing replication phase, switch the database connections to the new database.
D. Create a compressed full database backup on the on-premises Oracle database during an application maintenance window. While the backup is being performed, provision a 10 Gbps AWS Direct Connect connection to increase the transfer speed of the database backup files to Amazon S3, and shorten the maintenance window period. Use SSL/TLS to copy the files over the Direct Connect connection. When the backup files are successfully copied, start the maintenance window, and rise any of the Amazon RDS supported tools to import the data into a newly provisioned Amazon RDS for Oracle instance with encryption enabled. Wait until the data is fully loaded and switch over the database connections to the new database. Delete the Direct Connect connection to cut unnecessary charges.
28. A company collects a steady stream of 10 million data records from 100,000 sources each day. These records are written to an Amazon RDS MySQL DB. A query must produce the daily average of a data source over the past 30 days. There are twice as many reads as writes. Queries to the collected data are for one source ID at a time. How can the Solutions Architect improve the reliability and cost effectiveness of this solution?
A. Use Amazon Aurora with MySQL in a Multi-AZ mode. Use four additional read replicas.
B. Use Amazon DynamoDB with the source ID as the partition key and the timestamp as the sort key. Use a Time to Live (TTL) to delete data after 30 days.
C. Use Amazon DynamoDB with the source ID as the partition key. Use a different table each day.
D. Ingest data into Amazon Kinesis using a retention period of 30 days. Use AWS Lambda to write data records to Amazon ElastiCache for read access.
29. A large company is migrating its entire IT portfolio to AWS. Each business unit in the company has a standalone AWS account that supports both development and test environments. New accounts to support production workloads will be needed soon. The Finance department requires a centralized method for payment but must maintain visibility into each group’s spending to allocate costs. The Security team requires a centralized mechanism to control IAM usage in all the company’s accounts. What combination of the following options meet the company’s needs with LEAST effort? (Choose two.)
A. Use a collection of parameterized AWS CloudFormation templates defining common IAM permissions that are launched into each account. Require all new and existing accounts to launch the appropriate stacks to enforce the least privilege model.
B. Use AWS Organizations to create a new organization from a chosen payer account and define an organizational unit hierarchy. Invite the existing accounts to join the organization and create new accounts using Organizations.
C. Require each business unit to use its own AWS accounts. Tag each AWS account appropriately and enable Cost Explorer to administer chargebacks.
D. Enable all features of AWS Organizations and establish appropriate service control policies that filter IAM permissions for sub-accounts.
E. Consolidate all of the company’s AWS accounts into a single AWS account. Use tags for billing purposes and IAM’s Access Advice feature to enforce the least privilege model.
30. A company wants to replace its call system with a solution built using AWS managed services. The company call center would like the solution to receive calls, create contact flows, and scale to handle growth projections. The call center would also like the solution to use deep learning capabilities to recognize the intent of the callers and handle basic tasks, reducing the need to speak an agent. The solution should also be able to query business applications and provide relevant information back to calls as requested. Which services should the Solution Architect use to build this solution? (Choose three.)
A. Amazon Rekognition to identity who is calling.
B. Amazon Connect to create a cloud-based contact center.
C. Amazon Alexa for Business to build conversational interface.
D. AWS Lambda to integrate with internal systems.
E. Amazon Lex to recognize the intent of the caller
F. Amazon SQS to add incoming callers to a queue.
31. A company had a tight deadline to migrate its on-premises environment to AWS. It moved over Microsoft SQL Servers and Microsoft Windows Servers using the virtual machine import/export service and rebuild other applications native to the cloud. The team created both Amazon EC2 databases and used Amazon RDS. Each team in the company was responsible for migrating their applications, and would like suggestions on reducing its AWS spend. Which steps should a Solutions Architect take to reduce costs?
A. Enable AWS Business Support and review AWS Trusted Advisor’s cost checks. Create Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling groups for applications that experience fluctuating demand. Save AWS Simple Monthly Calculator reports in Amazon S3 for trend analysis. Create a master account under Organizations and have teams join for consolidating billing.
B. Enable Cost Explorer and AWS Business Support Reserve Amazon EC2 and Amazon RDS DB instances. Use Amazon CloudWatch and AWS Trusted Advisor for monitoring and to receive cost savings suggestions. Create a master account under Organizations and have teams join for consolidated billing.
C. Create an AWS Lambda function that changes the instance size based on Amazon CloudWatch alarms. Reserve instances based on AWS Simple Monthly Calculator suggestions. Have an AWS Well-Architected framework review and apply recommendations. Create a master account under Organizations and have teams join for consolidated billing.
D. Create a budget and monitor for costs exceeding the budget. Create Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling groups for applications that experience fluctuating demand. Create an AWS Lambda function that changes instance sizes based on Amazon CloudWatch alarms. Have each team upload their bill to an Amazon S3 bucket for analysis of team spending. Use Spot instances on nightly batch processing jobs.
32. A large global financial services company has multiple business units. The company wants to allow Developers to try new services, but there are multiple compliance requirements for different workloads. The Security team is concerned about the access strategy for on-premises and AWS implementations. They would like to enforce governance for AWS services used by business team for regulatory workloads, including Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements. Which solution will address the Security team’s concerns and allow the Developers to try new services?
A. Implement a strong identity and access management model that includes users, groups, and roles in various AWS accounts. Ensure that centralized AWS CloudTrail logging is enabled to detect anomalies. Build automation with AWS Lambda to tear down unapproved AWS resources for governance.
B. Build a multi-account strategy based on business units, environments, and specific regulatory requirements. Implement SAML-based federation across all AWS accounts with an on-premises identity store. Use AWS Organizations and build organizational units (OUs) structure based on regulations and service governance. Implement service control policies across OUs.
C. Implement a multi-account strategy based on business units, environments, and specific regulatory requirements. Ensure that only PCI-compliant services are approved for use in the accounts. Build IAM policies to give access to only PCI-compliant services for governance.
D. Build one AWS account for the company for the strong security controls. Ensure that all the service limits are raised to meet company scalability requirements. Implement SAML federation with an on-premises identity store, and ensure that only approved services are used in the account.
33. A company has an application behind a load balancer with enough Amazon EC2 instances to satisfy peak demand. Scripts and third-party deployment solutions are used to configure EC2 instances when demand increases or an instance fails. The team must periodically evaluate the utilization of the instance types to ensure that the correct sizes are deployed. How can this workload be optimized to meet these requirements?
A. Use CloudFormer` to create AWS CloudFormation stacks from the current resources. Deploy that stack by using AWS CloudFormation in the same region. Use Amazon CloudWatch alarms to send notifications about underutilized resources to provide cost-savings suggestions.
B. Create an Auto Scaling group to scale the instances, and use AWS CodeDeploy to perform the configuration. Change from a load balancer to an Application Load Balancer. Purchase a thirdparty product that provides suggestions for cost savings on AWS resources.
C. Deploy the application by using AWS Elastic Beanstalk with default options. Register for an AWS Support Developer plan. Review the instance usage for the application by using Amazon CloudWatch, and identify less expensive instances that can handle the load. Hold monthly meetings to review new instance types and determine whether Reserved instances should be purchased.
D. Deploy the application as a Docker image by using Amazon ECS. Set up Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling and Amazon ECS scaling. Register for AWS Business Support and use Trusted Advisor checks to provide suggestions on cost savings.
34. A development team has created a series of AWS CloudFormation templates to help deploy services. They created a template for a network/virtual private (VPC) stack, a database stack, a bastion host stack, and a web application-specific stack. Each service requires the deployment of at least:
A network/VPC stack
A bastion host stack
A web application stack
Each template has multiple input parameters that make it difficult to deploy the services individually from the AWS CloudFormation console. The input parameters from one stack are typically outputs from other stacks. For example, the VPC ID, subnet IDs, and security groups from the network stack may need to be used in the application stack or database stack. Which actions will help reduce the operational burden and the number of parameters passed into a service deployment? (Choose two.)
A. Create a new AWS CloudFormation template for each service. After the existing templates to use cross-stack references to eliminate passing many parameters to each template. Call each required stack for the application as a nested stack from the new stack. Call the newly created service stack from the AWS CloudFormation console to deploy the specific service with a subset of the parameters previously required.
B. Create a new portfolio in AWS Service Catalog for each service. Create a product for each existing AWS CloudFormation template required to build the service. Add the products to the portfolio that represents that service in AWS Service Catalog. To deploy the service, select the specific service portfolio and launch the portfolio with the necessary parameters to deploy all templates.
C. Set up an AWS CodePipeline workflow for each service. For each existing template, choose AWS CloudFormation as a deployment action. Add the AWS CloudFormation template to the deployment action. Ensure that the deployment actions are processed to make sure that dependences are obeyed. Use configuration files and scripts to share parameters between the stacks. To launch the service, execute the specific template by choosing the name of the service and releasing a change.
D. Use AWS Step Functions to define a new service. Create a new AWS CloudFormation template for each service. After the existing templates to use cross-stack references to eliminate passing many parameters to each template. Call each required stack for the application as a nested stack from the new service template. Configure AWS Step Functions to call the service template directly. In the AWS Step Functions console, execute the step.
E. Create a new portfolio for the Services in AWS Service Catalog. Create a new AWS CloudFormation template for each service. After the existing templates to use cross-stack references to eliminate passing many parameters to each template. Call each required stack for the application as a nested stack from the new stack. Create a product for each application. Add the service template to the product. Add each new product to the portfolio. Deploy the product from the portfolio to deploy the service with the necessary parameters only to start the deployment.
35. A large multinational company runs a timesheet application on AWS that is used by staff across the world. The application runs on Amazon EC2 instances in an Auto Scaling group behind an Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) load balancer, and stores in an Amazon RDS MySQL Multi-AZ database instance. The CFO is concerned about the impact on the business if the application is not available. The application must not be down for more than two hours, but he solution must be as cost-effective as possible. How should the Solutions Architect meet the CFO’s requirements while minimizing data loss?
A. In another region, configure a read replica and create a copy of the infrastructure. When an issue occurs, promote the read replica and configure as an Amazon RDS Multi-AZ database instance. Update the DNS to point to the other region’s ELB.
B. Configure a 1-day window of 60-minute snapshots of the Amazon RDS Multi-AZ database instance. Create an AWS CloudFormation template of the application infrastructure that uses the latest snapshot. When an issue occurs, use the AWS CloudFormation template to create the environment in another region. Update the DNS record to point to the other region’s ELB.
C. Configure a 1-day window of 60-minute snapshots of the Amazon RDS Multi-AZ database instance which is copied to another region. Crate an AWS CloudFormation template of the application infrastructure that uses the latest copied snapshot. When an issue occurs, use the AWS CloudFormation template to create the environment in another region. Update the DNS record to point to the other region’s ELB.
D. Configure a read replica in another region. Create an AWS CloudFormation template of the application infrastructure. When an issue occurs, promote the read replica and configure as an Amazon RDS Multi-AZ database instance and use the AWS CloudFormation template to create the environment in another region using the promoted Amazon RDS instance. Update the DNS record to point to the other region’s ELB.
36. A company is running a commercial Apache Hadoop cluster on Amazon EC2. This cluster is being used daily to query large files on Amazon S3. The data on Amazon S3 has been curated and does not require any additional transformations steps. The company is using a commercial business intelligence (BI) tool on Amazon EC2 to run queries against the Hadoop cluster and visualize the data. The company wants to reduce or eliminate the overhead costs associated with managing the Hadoop cluster and the BI tool. The company would like to remove to a more cost-effective solution with minimal effort. The visualization is simple and requires performing some basic aggregation steps only. Which option will meet the company’s requirements?
A. Launch a transient Amazon EMR cluster daily and develop an Apache Hive script to analyze the files on Amazon S3. Shut down the Amazon EMR cluster when the job is complete. The use the Amazon QuickSight to connect to Amazon EMR and perform the visualization.
B. Develop a stored procedure invoked from a MySQL database running on Amazon EC2 to analyze EC2 to analyze the files in Amazon S3. Then use a fast in-memory BL tool running on Amazon EC2 to visualize the data.
C. Develop a script that uses Amazon Athena to query and analyze the files on Amazon S3. Then use Amazon QuickSight to connect to Athena and perform the visualization.
D. Use a commercial extract, transform, load (ETL) tool that runs on Amazon EC2 to prepare the data for processing. Then switch to a faster and cheaper Bl tool that runs on Amazon EC2 to visualize the data from Amazon S3.
37. The Security team needs to provide a team of interns with an AWS environment so they can build the serverless video transcoding application. The project will use Amazon S3, AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon Cognito, Amazon DynamoDB, and Amazon Elastic Transcoder. The interns should be able to create and configure the necessary resources, but they may not have access to create or modify AWS IAM roles. The Solutions Architect creates a policy and attaches it to the interns’ group. How should the Security team configure the environment to ensure that the interns are self sufficient?
A. Create a policy that allows creation of project-related resources only. Create roles with required service permissions, which are assumable by the services.
B. Create a policy that allows creation of all project-related resources, including roles that allow access only to specified resources.
C. Create roles with the required service permissions, which are assumable by the services. Have the interns create and use a bastion host to create the project resources in the project subnet only.
D. Create a policy that allows creation of project-related resources only. Require the interns to raise a request for roles to be created with the Security team. The interns will provide the requirements for the permissions to be set in the role.
38. A company operating a website on AWS requires high levels of scalability, availability and performance. The company is running a Ruby on Rails application on Amazon EC2. It has a data tier on MySQL 5.6 on Amazon EC2 using 16 TB of Amazon EBS storage Amazon CloudFront is used to cache application content. The Operations team is reporting continuous and unexpected growth of EBS volumes assigned to the MySQL database. The Solutions Architect has been asked to design a highly scalable, highly available, and high-performing solution. Which solution is the MOST cost-effective at scale?
A. Implement Multi-AZ and Auto Scaling for all EC2 instances in the current configuration. Ensure that all EC2 instances are purchased as reserved instances. Implement new elastic Amazon EBS volumes for the data tier.
B. Design and implement the Docker-based containerized solution for the application using Amazon ECS. Migrate to an Amazon Aurora MySQL Multi-AZ cluster. Implement storage checks for Aurora MySQL storage utilization and an AWS Lambda function to grow the Aurora MySQL storage, as necessary. Ensure that Multi-AZ architectures are implemented.
C. Ensure that EC2 instances are right-sized and behind an Elastic Load Balancing load balancer. Implement Auto Scaling with EC2 instances. Ensure that the reserved instances are purchased for fixed capacity and that Auto Scaling instances run on demand. Migrate to an Amazon Aurora MySQL Multi-AZ cluster. Ensure that Multi-AZ architectures are implemented.
D. Ensure that EC2 instances are right-sized and behind an Elastic Load Balancer. Implement Auto Scaling with EC2 instances. Ensure that Reserved instances are purchased for fixed capacity and that Auto Scaling instances run on demand. Migrate to an Amazon Aurora MySQL Multi-AZ cluster. Implement storage checks for Aurora MySQL storage utilization and an AWS Lambda function to grow Aurora MySQL storage, as necessary. Ensure Multi-AZ architectures are implemented.
39. A company has a web service deployed in the following two AWS Regions: us-west-2 and us-est1. Each AWS region runs an identical version of the web service. Amazon Route 53 is used to route customers to the AWS Region that has the lowest latency. The company wants to improve the availability of the web service in case an outage occurs in one of the two AWS Regions. A Solutions Architect has recommended that a Route 53 health check be performed. The health check must detect a specific text on an endpoint. What combination of conditions should the endpoint meet to pass the Route 53 health check? (Choose two.)
A. The endpoint must establish a TCP connection within 10 seconds.
B. The endpoint must return an HTTP 200 status code.
C. The endpoint must return an HTTP 2xx or 3xx status code.
D. The specific text string must appear within the first 5,120 bytes of the response.
E. The endpoint must respond to the request within the number of seconds specified when creating the health check.
40. A Solutions Architect is designing a network solution for a company that has applications running in a data center in Northern Virginia. The applications in the company’s data center require predictable performance to applications running in a virtual private cloud (VPC) located in us-east1, and a secondary VPC in us-west-2 within the same account. The company data center is collocated in an AWS Direct Connect facility that serves the us-east-1 region. The company has already ordered an AWS Direct Connect connection and a cross-connect has been established. Which solution will meet the requirements at the LOWEST cost?
A. Provision a Direct Connect gateway and attach the virtual private (VGW) for the VPC in us-east-1 and the VGW for the VPC in us-west-2. Create a private VIF on the Direct Connect connection and associate it to the Direct Connect gateway.
B. Create private VIFs on the Direct Connect connection for each of the company’s VPCs in the usest-1 and us-west-2 regions. Configure the company’s data center router to connect directly with the VPCs in those regions via the private VIFs.
C. Deploy a transit VPC solution using Amazon EC2-based router instances in the us-east-1 region. Establish IPsec VPN tunnels between the transit routers and virtual private gateways (VGWs) located in the us-east-1 and us-west-2 regions, which are attached to the company’s VPCs in those regions. Create a public VIF on the Direct Connect connection and establish IPsec VPN tunnels over the public VIF between the transit routers and the company’s data center router.
D. Order a second Direct Connect connection to a Direct Connect facility with connectivity to the uswest-2 region. Work with partner to establish a network extension link over dark fiber from the Direct Connect facility to the company’s data center. Establish private VIFs on the Direct Connect connections for each of the company’s VPCs in the respective regions. Configure the company’s data center router to connect directly with the VPCs in those regions via the private VIFs.