In this article we will share information to help you prepare for the AWS Certification exam.
All details and most faqs about the AWS exam, how often are exams updated, Which services and features are covered in the exam, etc.
- 1 1. What is a beta exam?
- 2 2. What is the difference between an exam and a certification?
- 3 3. What’s the best way to certify a group of people?
- 4 4. How long will my certification be valid?
- 5 5. How can I purchase exam vouchers?
- 6 6. Am I required to sign any agreement before taking an AWS Certification exam?
- 7 7. How do I become AWS Certified?
- 8 8. How do I register to take an AWS Certification exam?
- 9 9. How do I request a testing accommodation?
- 10 10. Why should I consider AWS Certified?
- 11 11. I have a certification exam voucher. Which vendor can I use it with?
- 12 12. What is the retake policy?
- 13 13. How do I arrange a special accommodation for my exam?
- 14 14. Where can I find a test center near me?
- 15 15. How much does an AWS Certification exam cost?
- 16 Share this:
- 17 Like this:
1. What is a beta exam?
We offer beta exams to ensure a new exam meets our quality bar before full production release. Candidates have the opportunity to take the newest exams first. If the beta is successful, candidates who passed the exam will be among the first to hold the new certification. Discover what’s coming soon to AWS Certification, including available beta exams
2. What is the difference between an exam and a certification?
An exam is a test that validates an individual’s technical knowledge of AWS products and services. A certification is a credential that you earn upon successfully passing an exam. This credential is a digital badge and title that you may use on your business cards and other professional collateral to designate yourself as AWS Certified.
3. What’s the best way to certify a group of people?
You can purchase AWS Certification exam vouchers, which eliminates the need for candidates to have to pay when scheduling their exam. They simply enter a voucher code when scheduling exams at either Pearson VUE or PSI
4. How long will my certification be valid?
You will be required to update your certification (or recertify) every three years.
5. How can I purchase exam vouchers?
Vouchers are available for purchase anytime online.
6. Am I required to sign any agreement before taking an AWS Certification exam?
To preserve the security and value of the certification program, you must accept the terms and conditions of the AWS Certification Program Agreement when registering for your exam appointment and before beginning the certification exam.
The AWS Certification Program Agreement applies to all exams. It sets forth the AWS Certification Program participation requirements, responsibilities, testing rules, and consequences for noncompliance. Penalties for noncompliance include canceling the results of any AWS Certification exam, revoking any AWS Certification, requiring you to retake an exam, terminating your rights under the AWS Certification Program Agreement, and prohibiting you from participating in the AWS Certification Program.
All AWS Certification exam content, including, without limitation, any questions, answers, and/or diagrams are the proprietary and confidential property of Amazon Web Services (AWS). They may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without the express written authorization of AWS. Agreeing to the AWS Certification Program Agreement is required to be officially certified and to maintain valid certification.
7. How do I become AWS Certified?
You must earn a passing score via a proctored exam to earn an AWS Certification. Upon receiving a passing score, you will receive your certification credentials.
8. How do I register to take an AWS Certification exam?
To register for an exam, sign in to aws.training and click Certification in the top navigation. Next, click the AWS Certification Account button, followed by Schedule New Exam. Find the exam you wish to take and click either the Schedule at PSI or Schedule at Pearson VUE button. You will then be redirected to the test delivery provider’s scheduling page, where you will complete your exam registration.
9. How do I request a testing accommodation?
AWS Certification and their vendors are committed to providing all individuals with an opportunity to validate technical skills and cloud expertise. We will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to help ensure equitable access to AWS Certification.
10. Why should I consider AWS Certified?
AWS Certification helps learners build credibility and confidence by validating their cloud expertise with an industry-recognized credential and organizations identify skilled professionals to lead cloud initiatives using AWS.
11. I have a certification exam voucher. Which vendor can I use it with?
Exam vouchers (partial discount or full exam value) are valid for a single use, and you can choose to use that voucher with PSI or Pearson VUE, unless specified otherwise at the time your voucher was received. There are a few exceptions:
– Any voucher received from PSI customer support can only be used with PSI.
– Any voucher received from Pearson VUE customer support can only be used with Pearson VUE.
– Any voucher received from AWS customer support can only be used with the test delivery provider you have elected to test with.
12. What is the retake policy?
If you fail an exam, you must wait 14 days before you are eligible to retake the exam. There is no limit on exam attempts. However, you must pay the full registration fee for each exam attempt. Once you have passed an exam, you will not be able to retake the same exam for two years. If the exam has been updated with a new exam guide and exam series code, you will be eligible to take the new exam version.
13. How do I arrange a special accommodation for my exam?
Special accommodations will be arranged with the test delivery provider, prior to registering for your exam. PSI & Pearson VUE do not share accommodation request details, so the appropriate documentation will need to be provided to the test delivery provider you wish to test with.
14. Where can I find a test center near me?
15. How much does an AWS Certification exam cost?
The Cloud Practitioner exam is 100 USD. Associate-level exams are 150 USD. Professional-level and Specialty exams are 300 USD. You can renew your certification by using your 50% off voucher code to take the current, full exam at 50% off. Please note that taxes (such as Value Added Tax) may apply.
We are sharing a lot of AWS Practice Exam and it’s good source to help you clear the exam:
AWS Practice Exam Quiz Format:
AWS Practice Exam Video: