AWS Solution Architect Professional Practice Questions Part 2iam.awslagi
Notes: Hi all, AWS Solutions Architect Professional Practice Exam will familiarize you with types of questions you may encounter on the certification exam and help you determine your readiness or if you need more preparation and/or experience. Successful completion of the practice exam does not guarantee you will pass the certification exam as the actual exam is longer and covers a wider range of topics.
We highly recommend you should take AWS Solutions Architect Professional Guarantee Part because it include real questions and highlighted answers are collected in our exam. It will help you pass exam in easier way.
1.A 3-tier e-commerce web application is current deployed on-premises and will be migrated to AWS for greater scalability and elasticity. The web server currently shares read-only data using a network distributed file system. The app server tier uses a clustering mechanism for discovery and shared session state that depends on IP multicast. The database tier uses shared-storage clustering to provide database fall over capability, and uses several read slaves for scaling Data on all servers and the distributed file system directory is backed up weekly to off-site tapes
Which AWS storage and database architecture meets the requirements of the application?
A. Web servers, store read-only data in S3, and copy from S3 to root volume at boot time App servers snare state using a combination or DynamoDB and IP unicast Database use RDS with multi AZ deployment and one or more Read Replicas Backup web and app servers backed up weekly via Mils database backed up via DB snapshots.
B. Web servers store -read-only data in S3, and copy from S3 to root volume at boot time App servers share state using a combination of DynamoDB and IP unicast Database, use RDS with multi-AZ deployment and one or more read replicas Backup web servers app servers, and database backed up weekly to Glacier using snapshots.
C. Web servers store read-only data In S3 and copy from S3 to root volume at boot time App servers share
state using a combination of DynamoDB and IP unicast Database use RDS with multi-AZ deployment Backup
web and app servers backed up weekly via AMIs. database backed up via DB snapshots
D. Web servers, store read-only data in an EC2 NFS server, mount to each web server at boot time App servers
share state using a combination of DynamoDB and IP multicast Database use RDS with multl-AZ deployment
and one or more Read Replicas Backup web and app servers backed up weekly via Mils database backed up via
2. Your customer wishes to deploy an enterprise application to AWS which will consist of several web servers, several application servers and a small (50GB) Oracle database information is stored, both in the database and the file systems of the various servers. The backup system must support database recovery whole server and whole disk restores, and individual file restores with a recovery time of no more than two hours. They have chosen to use RDS Oracle as the database. Which backup architecture will meet these requirements?
A. Backup RDS using automated daily DB backups Backup the EC2 instances using AMIs and supplement with
file-level backup to S3 using traditional enterprise backup software to provide file level restore
B. Backup RDS using a Multi-AZ Deployment Backup the EC2 instances using Amis, and supplement by copying
file system data to S3 to provide file level restore.
C. Backup RDS using automated daily DB backups Backup the EC2 instances using EBS snapshots and
supplement with file-level backups to Amazon Glacier using traditional enterprise backup software to provide
file level restore.
D. Backup RDS database to S3 using Oracle RMAN Backup the EC2 instances using AMIs, and supplement with
EBS snapshots for individual volume restore.
3. Your company has HQ in Tokyo and branch offices all over the world and is using a logistics software with a multi-regional deployment on AWS in Japan, Europe and US.
The logistic software has a 3-tier architecture and currently uses MySQL 5.6 for data persistence. Each region has deployed its own database.
In the HQ region you run an hourly batch process reading data from every region to compute cross-regional reports that are sent by email to all offices this batch process must be completed as fast as possible to quickly optimize logistics.
How do you build the database architecture in order to meet the requirements’?
A. For each regional deployment, use RDS MySQL with a master in the region and a read replica in the HQ
B. For each regional deployment, use MySQL on EC2 with a master in the region and send hourly EBS
snapshots to the HQ region
C. For each regional deployment, use RDS MySQL with a master in the region and send hourly RDS snapshots
to the HQ region
D. For each regional deployment, use MySQL on EC2 with a master in the region and use S3 to copy data files
hourly to the HQ region
E. Use Direct Connect to connect all regional MySQL deployments to the HQ region and reduce network
latency for the batch process
4. A customer has a 10 GB AWS Direct Connect connection to an AWS region where they have a web application hosted on Amazon Elastic Computer Cloud (EC2). The application has dependencies on an on-premises mainframe database that uses a BASE (Basic Available. Sort stale Eventual consistency) rather than an ACID (Atomicity. Consistency isolation. Durability) consistency model. The application is exhibiting undesirable behavior because the database is not able to handle the volume of writes. How can you reduce the load on your on-premises database resources in the most cost-effective way?
A. Use an Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) S3DistCp as a synchronization mechanism between the onpremises database and a Hadoop cluster on AWS.
B. Modify the application to write to an Amazon SQS queue and develop a worker process to flush the queue
to the on-premises database.
C. Modify the application to use DynamoDB to feed an EMR cluster which uses a map function to write to the
D. Provision an RDS read-replica database on AWS to handle the writes and synchronize the two databases
using Data Pipeline.
5. Company B is launching a new game app for mobile devices. Users will log into the game using their existing social media account to streamline data capture. Company B would like to directly save player data and scoring information from the mobile app to a DynamoDB table named Score Data When a user saves their game the progress data will be stored to the Game state S3 bucket. what is the best approach for storing data to DynamoDB and S3?
A. Use an EC2 Instance that is launched with an EC2 role providing access to the Score Data DynamoDB table
and the GameState S3 bucket that communicates with the mobile app via web services.
B. Use temporary security credentials that assume a role providing access to the Score Data DynamoDB table
and the Game State S3 bucket using web identity federation.
C. Use Login with Amazon allowing users to sign in with an Amazon account providing the mobile app with
access to the Score Data DynamoDB table and the Game State S3 bucket.
D. Use an IAM user with access credentials assigned a role providing access to the Score Data DynamoDB table
and the Game State S3 bucket for distribution with the mobile app.
6. Your company plans to host a large donation website on Amazon Web Services (AWS). You anticipate a large and undetermined amount of traffic that will create many database writes. To be certain that you do not drop any writes to a database hosted on AWS. Which service should you use?
A. Amazon RDS with provisioned IOPS up to the anticipated peak write throughput.
B. Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS) for capturing the writes and draining the queue to write to the
C. Amazon ElastiCache to store the writes until the writes are committed to the database.
D. Amazon DynamoDB with provisioned write throughput up to the anticipated peak write throughput.
7. You have launched an EC2 instance with four (4) 500 GB EBS Provisioned IOPS volumes attached. The EC2 Instance Is EBS-Optimized and supports 500 Mbps throughput between EC2 and EBS. The two EBS volumes are configured as a single RAID 0 device, and each Provisioned IOPS volume is provisioned with 4.000 IOPS (4 000 16KB reads or writes) for a total of 16.000 random IOPS on the instance The EC2 Instance initially delivers the expected 16 000 IOPS random read and write performance Sometime later in order to increase the total
random I/O performance of the instance, you add an additional two 500 GB EBS Provisioned IOPS volumes to the RAID Each volume Is provisioned to 4.000 lOPs like the original four for a total of 24.000 IOPS on the EC2 instance Monitoring shows that the EC2 instance CPU utilization increased from 50% to 70%. but the total random IOPS measured at the instance level does not increase at all.
What is the problem and a valid solution?
A. Larger storage volumes support higher Provisioned IOPS rates: increase the provisioned volume storage of
each of the 6 EBS volumes to 1TB.
B. The EBS-Optimized throughput limits the total IOPS that can be utilized use an EBS-Optimized instance that
provides larger throughput.
C. Small block sizes cause performance degradation, limiting the I’O throughput, configure the instance device
driver and file system to use 64KB blocks to increase throughput.
D. RAID 0 only scales linearly to about 4 devices, use RAID 0 with 4 EBS Provisioned IOPS volumes but increase
each Provisioned IOPS EBS volume to 6.000 IOPS.
E. The standard EBS instance root volume limits the total IOPS rate, change the instant root volume to also be
a 500GB 4.000 Provisioned IOPS volume.
8. You have recently joined a startup company building sensors to measure street noise and air quality in urban areas.
The company has been running a pilot deployment of around 100 sensors for 3 months Each sensor uploads 1KB of sensor data every minute to a backend hosted on AWS.
During the pilot, you measured a peak or 10 IOPS on the database, and you stored an average of 3GB of sensor data per month in the database
The current deployment consists of a load-balanced auto scaled Ingestion layer using EC2 instances and a PostgreSQL RDS database with 500GB standard storage.
The pilot is considered a success and your CEO has managed to get the attention or some potential investors
The business plan requires a deployment of at least 100K sensors which needs to be supported by the backend
You also need to store sensor data for at least two years to be able to compare year over year Improvements.
To secure funding, you have to make sure that the platform meets these requirements and leaves room for further scaling
Which setup win meet the requirements?
A. Add an SQS queue to the ingestion layer to buffer writes to the RDS instance
B. Ingest data into a DynamoDB table and move old data to a Redshift cluster
C. Replace the RDS instance with a 6 node Redshift cluster with 96TB of storage
D. Keep the current architecture but upgrade RDS storage to 3TB and 10K provisioned IOPS
9. Your company is in the process of developing a next generation pet collar that collects biometric information to assist families with promoting healthy lifestyles for their pets. Each collar will push 30kb of biometric data In JSON format every 2 seconds to a collection platform that will process and analyze the data providing health trending information back to the pet owners and veterinarians via a web portal Management has tasked you to architect the collection platform ensuring the following requirements are met.
Provide the ability for real-time analytics of the inbound biometric data
Ensure processing of the biometric data is highly durable. Elastic and parallel
The results of the analytic processing should be persisted for data mining
Which architecture outlined below win meet the initial requirements for the collection platform?
A. Utilize S3 to collect the inbound sensor data analyze the data from S3 with a daily scheduled Data Pipeline
and save the results to a Redshift Cluster.
B. Utilize Amazon Kinesis to collect the inbound sensor data, analyze the data with Kinesis clients and save the
results to a Redshift cluster using EMR.
C. Utilize SQS to collect the inbound sensor data analyze the data from SQS with Amazon Kinesis and save the
results to a Microsoft SQL Server RDS instance.
D. Utilize EMR to collect the inbound sensor data, analyze the data from EMR with Amazon Kinesis and save me
results to DynamoDB.
10. You need a persistent and durable storage to trace call activity of an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system.
Call duration is mostly in the 2-3 minutes timeframe. Each traced call can be either active or terminated. An external application needs to know each minute the list of currently active calls, which are usually a few
calls/second. Put once per month there is a periodic peak up to 1000 calls/second for a few hours The system is open 24/7 and any downtime should be avoided. Historical data is periodically archived to files. Cost saving is a priority for this project.
What database implementation would better fit this scenario, keeping costs as low as possible?
A. Use RDS Multi-AZ with two tables, one for -Active calls” and one for -Terminated calls”. In this way the
“Active calls_ table is always small and effective to access.
B. Use DynamoDB with a “Calls” table and a Global Secondary Index on a “IsActive’” attribute that is present
for active calls only In this way the Global Secondary index is sparse and more effective.
C. Use DynamoDB with a ‘Calls” table and a Global secondary index on a ‘State” attribute that can equal to
“active” or “terminated” in this way the Global Secondary index can be used for all Items in the table.
D. Use RDS Multi-AZ with a “CALLS” table and an Indexed “STATE* field that can be equal to ‘ACTIVE” or –
TERMINATED” In this way the SOL query Is optimized by the use of the Index.
11. A web design company currently runs several FTP servers that their 250 customers use to upload and download large graphic files They wish to move this system to AWS to make it more scalable, but they wish to
maintain customer privacy and Keep costs to a minimum.
What AWS architecture would you recommend?
A. ASK their customers to use an S3 client instead of an FTP client. Create a single S3 bucket Create an IAM
user for each customer Put the IAM Users in a Group that has an IAM policy that permits access to subdirectories within the bucket via use of the ‘username’ Policy variable.
B. Create a single S3 bucket with Reduced Redundancy Storage turned on and ask their customers to use an S3
client instead of an FTP client Create a bucket for each customer with a Bucket Policy that permits access only
to that one customer.
C. Create an auto-scaling group of FTP servers with a scaling policy to automatically scale-in when minimum
network traffic on the auto-scaling group is below a given threshold. Load a central list of ftp users from S3 as
part of the user Data startup script on each Instance.
D. Create a single S3 bucket with Requester Pays turned on and ask their customers to use an S3 client instead
of an FTP client Create a bucket tor each customer with a Bucket Policy that permits access only to that one
12. You have been asked to design the storage layer for an application. The application requires disk performance of at least 100,000 IOPS in addition, the storage layer must be able to survive the loss of an individual disk. EC2 instance, or Availability Zone without any data loss. The volume you provide must have a capacity of at least 3 TB.Which of the following designs will meet these objectives’?
A. Instantiate an i2 8xlarge instance in us-east-1a Create a RAID 0 volume using the four 800GB SSD
ephemeral disks provided with the instance Provision 3×1 TB EBS volumes attach them to the instance and
configure them as a second RAID 0 volume Configure synchronous, block-level replication from the ephemeralbacked volume to the EBS-backed volume.
B. Instantiate an i2 8xlarge instance in us-east-1a create a raid 0 volume using the four 800GB SSD ephemeral
disks provide with the Instance Configure synchronous block-level replication to an Identically configured
Instance in us-east-1b.
C. Instantiate a c3 8xlarge Instance In us-east-1 Provision an AWS Storage Gateway and configure it for 3 TB of
storage and 100 000 lOPS Attach the volume to the instance.
D. Instantiate a c3 8xlarge instance in us-east-1 provision 4x1TB EBS volumes, attach them to the instance, and
configure them as a single RAID 5 volume Ensure that EBS snapshots are performed every 15 minutes.
E. Instantiate a c3 8xlarge Instance in us-east-1 Provision 3x1TB EBS volumes attach them to the instance, and
configure them as a single RAID 0 volume Ensure that EBS snapshots are performed every 15 minutes.
13. You would like to create a mirror image of your production environment in another region for disaster recovery purposes. Which of the following AWS resources do not need to be recreated in the second region?
(Choose 2 answers)
A. Route 53 Record Sets
B. IAM Roles
C. Elastic IP Addresses (EIP)
D. EC2 Key Pairs
E. Launch configurations
F. Security Groups
14. Your company runs a customer facing event registration site. This site is built with a 3-tier architecture with web and application tier servers and a MySQL database. The application requires 6 web tier servers and 6
application tier servers for normal operation, but can run on a minimum of 65% server capacity and a single MySQL database. When deploying this application in a region with three availability zones (AZs) which
architecture provides high availability?
A. A web tier deployed across 2 AZs with 3 EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) instances in each AZ inside an Auto
Scaling Group behind an ELB (elastic load balancer), and an application tier deployed across 2 AZs with 3 EC2
instances in each AZ inside an Auto Scaling Group behind an ELB. and one RDS (Relational Database Service)
instance deployed with read replicas in the other AZ.
B. A web tier deployed across 3 AZs with 2 EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) instances in each AZ inside an Auto
Scaling Group behind an ELB (elastic load balancer) and an application tier deployed across 3 AZs with 2 EC2
instances in each AZ inside an Auto Scaling Group behind an ELB and one RDS (Relational Database Service)
Instance deployed with read replicas in the two other AZs.
C. A web tier deployed across 2 AZs with 3 EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) instances in each AZ inside an Auto
Scaling Group behind an ELB (elastic load balancer) and an application tier deployed across 2 AZs with 3 EC2
instances m each AZ inside an Auto Scaling Group behind an ELS and a Multi-AZ RDS (Relational Database
D. A web tier deployed across 3 AZs with 2 EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) instances in each AZ Inside an Auto
Scaling Group behind an ELB (elastic load balancer). And an application tier deployed across 3 AZs with 2 EC2
instances In each AZ inside an Auto Scaling Group behind an ELB. And a Multi-AZ RDS (Relational Database
15. Your application is using an ELB in front of an Auto Scaling group of web/application servers deployed across two AZs and a Multi-AZ RDS Instance for data persistence.
The database CPU is often above 80% usage and 90% of I/O operations on the database are reads. To improve performance you recently added a single-node Memcached ElastiCache Cluster to cache frequent DB query results. In the next weeks the overall workload is expected to grow by 30%.
Do you need to change anything in the architecture to maintain the high availability or the application with the anticipated additional load’* Why?
A. Yes. you should deploy two Memcached ElastiCache Clusters in different AZs because the RDS Instance will
not Be able to handle the load if the cache node fails.
B. No. if the cache node fails the automated ElastiCache node recovery feature will prevent any availability
C. Yes you should deploy the Memcached ElastiCache Cluster with two nodes in the same AZ as the RDS DB
master instance to handle the load if one cache node fails.
D. No if the cache node fails you can always get the same data from the DB without having any availability
16. You are responsible for a legacy web application whose server environment is approaching end of life. You would like to migrate this application to AWS as quickly as possible, since the application environment currently has the following limitations:
The VM’s single 10GB VMDK is almost full
The virtual network interface still uses the 10Mbps driver, which leaves your 100Mbps WAN connection completely underutilized
It is currently running on a highly customized. Windows VM within a VMware environment:
You do not have me installation media
This is a mission critical application with an RTO (Recovery Time Objective) of 8 hours. RPO (Recovery Point Objective) of 1 hour. How could you best migrate this application to AWS while meeting your business continuity requirements?
A. Use the EC2 VM Import Connector for vCenter to import the VM into EC2.
B. Use Import/Export to import the VM as an ESS snapshot and attach to EC2.
C. Use S3 to create a backup of the VM and restore the data into EC2.
D. Use the ec2-bundle-instance API to Import an Image of the VM into EC2
17. An International company has deployed a multi-tier web application that relies on DynamoDB in a single region.
For regulatory reasons they need disaster recovery capability In a separate region with a Recovery Time Objective of 2 hours and a Recovery Point Objective of 24 hours. They should synchronize their data on a regular basis and be able to provision the web application rapidly using CloudFormation.
The objective is to minimize changes to the existing web application, control the throughput of DynamoDB used for the synchronization of data and synchronize only the modified elements.
Which design would you choose to meet these requirements?
A. Use AWS data Pipeline to schedule a DynamoDB cross region copy once a day. create a Lastupdated’
attribute in your DynamoDB table that would represent the timestamp of the last update and use it as a filter.
B. Use EMR and write a custom script to retrieve data from DynamoDB in the current region using a SCAN
operation and push it to QynamoDB in the second region.
C. Use AWS data Pipeline to schedule an export of the DynamoDB table to S3 in the current region once a day
then schedule another task immediately after it that will import data from S3 to DynamoDB in the other region.
D. Send also each Ante into an SQS queue in the second region; use an auto-scaling group behind the SQS
queue to replay the write in the second region.
18. Your company currently has a 2-tier web application running in an on-premises data center. You have experienced several infrastructure failures in the past two months resulting in significant financial losses. Your CIO is strongly agreeing to move the application to AWS. While working on achieving buy-in from the other company executives, he asks you to develop a disaster recovery plan to help improve Business continuity in the short term. He specifies a target Recovery Time Objective (RTO) of 4 hours and a Recovery Point Objective (RPO) of 1 hour or less. He also asks you to implement the solution within 2 weeks. Your database is 200GB in size and you have a 20Mbps Internet connection. How would you do this while minimizing costs?
A. Create an EBS backed private AMI which includes a fresh install or your application. Setup a script in your
data center to backup the local database every 1 hour and to encrypt and copy the resulting file to an S3
bucket using multi-part upload.
B. Install your application on a compute-optimized EC2 instance capable of supporting the application’s
average load synchronously replicate transactions from your on-premises database to a database instance in
AWS across a secure Direct Connect connection.
C. Deploy your application on EC2 instances within an Auto Scaling group across multiple availability zones
asynchronously replicate transactions from your on-premises database to a database instance in AWS across a
secure VPN connection.
D.Create an EBS backed private AMI that includes a fresh install of your application. Develop a Cloud
Formation template which includes your Mil and the required EC2. Auto-Scaling and ELB resources to support deploying the application across Multiple-Ability Zones. Asynchronously replicate transactions from your onpremises database to a database instance in AWS across a secure VPN connection.
19. An ERP application is deployed across multiple AZs in a single region. In the event of failure, the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) must be less than 3 hours, and the Recovery Point Objective (RPO) must be 15 minutes the customer realizes that data corruption occurred roughly 1.5 hours ago.
What DR strategy could be used to achieve this RTO and RPO in the event of this kind of failure?
A. Take hourly DB backups to S3, with transaction logs stored in S3 every 5 minutes.
B. Use synchronous database master-slave replication between two availability zones
C. Take hourly DB backups to EC2 Instance store volumes with transaction logs stored In S3 every 5 minutes.
D. Take 15 minute DB backups stored In Glacier with transaction logs stored in S3 every 5 minutes.
20. Your startup wants to implement an order fulfillment process for selling a personalized gadget that needs an average of 3-4 days to produce with some orders taking up to 6 months you expect 10 orders per day on your first day. 1000 orders per day after 6 months and 10,000 orders after 12 months.
Orders coming in are checked for consistency men dispatched to your manufacturing plant for production quality control packaging shipment and payment processing If the product does not meet the quality standards at any stage of the process employees may force the process to repeat a step Customers are notified via email about order status and any critical issues with their orders such as payment failure. Your case architecture includes AWS Elastic Beanstalk for your website with an RDS MySQL instance for customer data and orders.
How can you implement the order fulfillment process while making sure that the emails are delivered reliably?
A. Add a business process management application to your Elastic Beanstalk app servers and re-use the ROS
database for tracking order status use one of the Elastic Beanstalk instances to send emails to customers.
B. Use SWF with an Auto Scaling group of activity workers and a decider instance in another Auto Scaling group
with min/max=1 Use the decider instance to send emails to customers.
C. Use SWF with an Auto Scaling group of activity workers and a decider instance in another Auto Scaling group
with min/max=1 use SES to send emails to customers.
D. Use an SQS queue to manage all process tasks Use an Auto Scaling group of EC2 Instances that poll the tasks
and execute them. Use SES to send emails to customers.
21. You have deployed a web application targeting a global audience across multiple AWS Regions under the domain name.example.com. You decide to use Route53 Latency-Based Routing to serve web requests to users from the region closest to the user. To provide business continuity in the event of server downtime you configure weighted record sets associated with two web servers in separate Availability Zones per region. Dunning a DR test you notice that when you disable all web servers in one of the regions Route53 does not automatically direct all users to the other region. What could be happening? (Choose 2 answers)
A. Latency resource record sets cannot be used in combination with weighted resource record sets.
B. You did not setup an http health check for one or more of the weighted resource record sets associated
with the disabled web servers.
C. The value of the weight associated with the latency alias resource record set in the region with the disabled
servers is higher than the weight for the other region.
D. One of the two working web servers in the other region did not pass its HTTP health check.
E. You did not set “Evaluate Target Health” to “Yes” on the latency alias resource record set associated with
example com in the region where you disabled the servers.
22. Your company hosts a social media site supporting users in multiple countries. You have been asked to provide a highly available design tor the application that leverages multiple regions tor the most recently accessed content and latency sensitive portions of the website The most latency sensitive component of the application involves reading user preferences to support web site personalization and ad selection.
In addition to running your application in multiple regions, which option will support this application’s requirements?
A. Serve user content from S3. CloudFront and use Route53 latency-based routing between ELBs in each region
Retrieve user preferences from a local DynamoDB table in each region and leverage SQS to capture changes to
user preferences with SOS workers for propagating updates to each table.
B. Use the S3 Copy API to copy recently accessed content to multiple regions and serve user content from S3.
CloudFront with dynamic content and an ELB in each region Retrieve user preferences from an ElasticCache
cluster in each region and leverage SNS notifications to propagate user preference changes to a worker node
in each region.
C. Use the S3 Copy API to copy recently accessed content to multiple regions and serve user content from S3
CloudFront and Route53 latency-based routing Between ELBs In each region Retrieve user preferences from a
DynamoDB table and leverage SQS to capture changes to user preferences with SQS workers for propagating
D. Serve user content from S3. CloudFront with dynamic content, and an ELB in each region Retrieve user
preferences from an ElastiCache cluster in each region and leverage Simple Workflow (SWF) to manage the
propagation of user preferences from a centralized DB to each ElastiCache cluster.
23. Your system recently experienced down time during the troubleshooting process. You found that a new administrator mistakenly terminated several production EC2 instances.
Which of the following strategies will help prevent a similar situation in the future?
The administrator still must be able to:
– launch, start stop, and terminate development resources.
– launch and start production instances.
A. Create an IAM user, which is not allowed to terminate instances by leveraging production EC2 termination
B. Leverage resource based tagging along with an IAM user, which can prevent specific users from terminating
production EC2 resources.
C. Leverage EC2 termination protection and multi-factor authentication, which together require users to
authenticate before terminating EC2 instances
D. Create an IAM user and apply an IAM role which prevents users from terminating production EC2 instances.
24. A customer has established an AWS Direct Connect connection to AWS. The link is up and routes are being advertised from the customer’s end, however the customer is unable to connect from EC2 instances inside its
VPC to servers residing in its datacenter.
Which of the following options provide a viable solution to remedy this situation? (Choose 2 answers)
A. Add a route to the route table with an iPsec VPN connection as the target.
B. Enable route propagation to the virtual private gateway (VGW).
C. Enable route propagation to the customer gateway (CGW).
D. Modify the route table of all Instances using the ‘route’ command.
E. Modify the Instances VPC subnet route table by adding a route back to the customer’s on-premises
25. Your company previously configured a heavily used, dynamically routed VPN connection between your onpremises data center and AWS. You recently provisioned a DirectConnect connection and would like to start using the new connection. After configuring DirectConnect settings in the AWS Console, which of the following options will provide the most seamless transition for your users?
A. Delete your existing VPN connection to avoid routing loops configure your DirectConnect router with the
appropriate settings and verity network traffic is leveraging DirectConnect.
B. Configure your DirectConnect router with a higher BGP priority than your VPN router, verify network traffic
is leveraging Directconnect and then delete your existing VPN connection.
C. Update your VPC route tables to point to the DirectConnect connection configure your DirectConnect router
with the appropriate settings verify network traffic is leveraging DirectConnect and then delete the VPN
D. Configure your DireclConnect router, update your VPC route tables to point to the DirectConnect
connection, configure your VPN connection with a higher BGP priority. And verify network traffic is leveraging
the DirectConnect connection.
26. A web company is looking to implement an external payment service into their highly available application deployed in a VPC. Their application EC2 instances are behind a public facing ELB. Auto scaling is used to add additional instances as traffic increases under normal load. the application runs 2 instances in the Auto Scaling group but at peak it can scale 3x in size. The application instances need to communicate with the payment service over the Internet which requires whitelisting of all public IP addresses used to communicate with it. A maximum of 4 whitelisting IP addresses are allowed at a time and can be added through an API.
How should they architect their solution?
A. Route payment requests through two NAT instances setup for High Availability and whitelist the Elastic IP
addresses attached to the NAT instances.
B. Whitelist the VPC Internet Gateway Public IP and route payment requests through the Internet Gateway.
C. Whitelist the ELB IP addresses and route payment requests from the Application servers through the ELB.
D. Automatically assign public IP addresses to the application instances in the Auto Scaling group and run a
script on boot that adds each instances public IP address to the payment validation whitelist API.
27. You are designing the network infrastructure for an application server in Amazon VPC. Users will access all the application instances from the Internet as well as from an on-premises network. The on-premises network is connected to your VPC over an AWS Direct Connect link. How would you design routing to meet the above requirements?
A. Configure a single routing Table with a default route via the Internet gateway. Propagate a default route via
BGP on the AWS Direct Connect customer router. Associate the routing table with all VPC subnets.
B. Configure a single routing table with a default route via the internet gateway Propagate specific routes for
the on-premises networks via BGP on the AWS Direct Connect customer router Associate the routing table
with all VPC subnets.
C. Configure a single routing table with two default routes: one to the internet via an Internet gateway the
other to the on-premises network via the VPN gateway use this routing table across all subnets in your VPC.
D. Configure two routing tables one that has a default route via the Internet gateway and another that has a
default route via the VPN gateway Associate both routing tables with each VPC subnet.
28. You are implementing AWS Direct Connect. You intend to use AWS public service end points such as Amazon S3, across the AWS Direct Connect link. You want other Internet traffic to use your existing link to an Internet Service Provider. What is the correct way to configure AWS Direct connect for access to services such as Amazon S3?
A. Configure a public Interface on your AWS Direct Connect link Configure a static route via your AWS Direct Connect link that points to Amazon S3 Advertise a default route to AWS using BGP.
B. Create a private interface on your AWS Direct Connect link. Configure a static route via your AWS Direct connect link that points to Amazon S3 Configure specific routes to your network in your VPC.
C. Create a public interface on your AWS Direct Connect link Redistribute BGP routes into your existing routing infrastructure advertise specific routes for your network to AWS.
D. Create a private interface on your AWS Direct connect link. Redistribute BGP routes into your existing routing infrastructure and advertise a default route to AWS.
29. You have deployed a three-tier web application in a VPC with a CIDR block of 10 0 0 0/28. You initially deploy two web servers, two application servers, two database servers and one NAT instance for a total of seven EC2 instances. The web Application and database servers are deployed across two availability zones (AZs). You also deploy an ELB in front of the two web servers, and use Route53 for DNS Web (raffle gradually increases in the first few days following the deployment, so you attempt to double the number of instances in each tier of the application to handle the new load unfortunately some of these new instances fail to launch.
Which of the following could be the root caused? (Choose 2 answers)
A. The Internet Gateway (IGW) of your VPC has scaled-up adding more instances to handle the traffic spike,
reducing the number of available private IP addresses for new instance launches.
B. AWS reserves one IP address In each subnet’s CIDR block for Route53 so you do not have enough addresses
left to launch all of the new EC2 instances.
C. AWS reserves the first and the last private IP address in each subnet’s CIDR block so you do not have enough
addresses left to launch all of the new EC2 instances.
D. The ELB has scaled-up. Adding more instances to handle the traffic reducing the number of available private
IP addresses for new instance launches.
E. AWS reserves the first four and the last IP address in each subnet’s CIDR block so you do not have enough
addresses left to launch all of the new EC2 instances.
30. You’ve been brought in as solutions architect to assist an enterprise customer with their migration of an ecommerce platform to Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) The previous architect has already deployed a 3-tier VPC.
The configuration is as follows:
Subnets and Route Tables:
Web server’s subnet-258Dc44d
Application server’s suDnet-248bc44c
Database server’s subnet-9189c6f9
subnet-9189c6f9 rtb-238Dc 44b
You are now ready to begin deploying EC2 instances into the VPC. Web servers must have direct access to the internet. Application and database servers cannot have direct access to the internet.
Which configuration below will allow you the ability to remotely administer your application and database servers, as well as allow these servers to retrieve updates from the Internet?
A. Create a bastion and NAT Instance in subnet-248bc44c and add a route from rtb-238bc44b to subnet- 258bc44d.
B. Add a route from rtD-238bc44D to igw-2d8bc445 and add a bastion and NAT instance within subnet- 248bc44c.
C. Create a bastion and NAT Instance In subnet-258bc44d. Add a route from rtb-238bc44b to igw-2d8bc445. And a new NACL that allows access between subnet-258bc44d and subnet-248bc44c.
D. Create a bastion and NAT instance in subnet-258Dc44d and add a route from rtD-238Dc44D to the NAT instance.
31. You are designing Internet connectivity for your VPC. The Web servers must be available on the Internet. The application must have a highly available architecture.
Which alternatives should you consider? (Choose 2 answers)
A. Configure a NAT instance in your VPC Create a default route via the NAT instance and associate it with all subnets Configure a DNS A record that points to the NAT instance public IP address.
B. Configure a CloudFront distribution and configure the origin to point to the private IP addresses of your Web servers Configure a Route53 CNAME record to your CloudFront distribution.
C. Place all your web servers behind ELB Configure a Route53 CNAME to point to the ELB DNS name.
D. Assign EIPs to all web servers. Configure a Route53 record set with all EIPs. With health checks and DNS failover.
E. Configure ELB with an EIP Place all your Web servers behind ELB Configure a Route53 A record that points to the EIP.
32. You are tasked with moving a legacy application from a virtual machine running Inside your datacenter to an Amazon VPC Unfortunately this app requires access to a number of on-premises services and no one who configured the app still works for your company. Even worse there’s no documentation for it. What will allow the application running inside the VPC to reach back and access its internal dependencies without being reconfigured? (Choose 3 answers)
A. An AWS Direct Connect link between the VPC and the network housing the internal services.
B. An Internet Gateway to allow a VPN connection.
C. An Elastic IP address on the VPC instance
D. An IP address space that does not conflict with the one on-premises
E. Entries in Amazon Route 53 that allow the Instance to resolve its dependencies’ IP addresses
F. A VM Import of the current virtual machine
33. You are migrating a legacy client-server application to AWS The application responds to a specific DNS domain (e g www example com) and has a 2-tier architecture, with multiple application servers and a database server Remote clients use TCP to connect to the application servers. The application servers need to know the IP address of the clients in order to function properly and are currently taking that information from the TCP socket A Multi-AZ RDS MySQL instance will be used for the database. During the migration you can change the application code but you have to find a change request. How would you implement the architecture on AWS In order to maximize scalability and high ability?
A. Find a change request to implement Proxy Protocol support In the application Use an ELB with a TCP Listener and Proxy Protocol enabled to distribute load on two application servers in different AZs.
B. Find a change request to Implement Cross-Zone support in the application Use an ELB with a TCP Listener and Cross-Zone Load Balancing enabled, two application servers in different AZs.
C. Find a change request to implement Latency Based Routing support in the application Use Route 53 with Latency Based Routing enabled to distribute load on two application servers in different AZs.
D. Find a change request to implement Alias Resource support in the application Use Route 53 Alias Resource Record to distribute load on two application servers in different AZs.
34. A newspaper organization has a on-premises application which allows the public to search its back catalogue and retrieve individual newspaper pages via a website written in Java. They have scanned the old newspapers into JPEGs (approx 17TB) and used Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to populate a commercial search product. The hosting platform and software are now end of life and the organization wants to migrate Its archive to AWS and produce a cost efficient architecture and still be designed for availability and durability Which is the most appropriate?
A. Use S3 with reduced redundancy to store and serve the scanned files, install the commercial search application on EC2 Instances and configure with auto-scaling and an Elastic Load Balancer.
B. Model the environment using CloudFormation use an EC2 instance running Apache webserver and an open source search application, stripe multiple standard EBS volumes together to store the JPEGs and search index.
C. Use S3 with standard redundancy to store and serve the scanned files, use CloudSearch for query processing, and use Elastic Beanstalk to host the website across multiple availability zones.
D. Use a single-AZ RDS MySQL instance to store the search index 33d the JPEG images use an EC2 instance to serve the website and translate user queries into SQL.
E. Use a CloudFront download distribution to serve the JPEGs to the end users and Install the current commercial search product, along with a Java Container Tor the website on EC2 instances and use Route53 with DNS round-robin.
35. A corporate web application is deployed within an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and is connected to the corporate data center via an iPsec VPN. The application must authenticate against the on-premises LDAP server. After authentication, each logged-in user can only access an Amazon Simple Storage Space (S3) keyspace specific to that user.
Which two approaches can satisfy these objectives? (Choose 2 answers)
A. Develop an identity broker that authenticates against IAM security Token service to assume a IAM role in order to get temporary AWS security credentials The application calls the identity broker to get AWS temporary security credentials with access to the appropriate S3 bucket.
B. The application authenticates against LDAP and retrieves the name of an IAM role associated with the user. The application then cails the IAM Security Token Service to assume that IAM role The application can use the temporary credentials to access the appropriate S3 bucket.
C. Develop an identity broker that authenticates against LDAP and then calls IAM Security Token Service to get
IAM federated user credentials The application calls the identity broker to get IAM federated user credentials
with access to the appropriate S3 bucket.
D. The application authenticates against LDAP the application then calls the AWS identity and Access
Management (IAM) Security service to log in to IAM using the LDAP credentials the application can use the
IAM temporary credentials to access the appropriate S3 bucket.
E. The application authenticates against IAM Security Token Service using the LDAP credentials the application
uses those temporary AWS security credentials to access the appropriate S3 bucket.
36. You are designing a multi-platform web application for AWS. The application will run on EC2 instances and will be accessed from PCs. tablets and smart phones. Supported accessing platforms are Windows. MACOS. IOS and Android. Separate sticky session and SSL certificate setups are required for different platform types.
which of the following describes the most cost effective and performance efficient architecture setup?
A. Setup a hybrid architecture to handle session state and SSL certificates on-premise and separate EC2 Instance
groups running web applications for different platform types running in a VPC.
B. Set up one ELB for all platforms to distribute load among multiple instance under it Each EC2 instance
implements ail functionality for a particular platform.
C. Set up two ELBs The first ELB handles SSL certificates for all platforms and the second ELB handles session
stickiness for all platforms for each ELB run separate EC2 instance groups to handle the web application for
D. Assign multiple ELBS to an EC2 instance or group of EC2 instances running the common components of the
web application, one ELB for each platform type Session stickiness and SSL termination are done at the ELBs.
37. Your company has an on-premises multi-tier PHP web application, which recently experienced downtime due to a large burst In web traffic due to a company announcement Over the coming days, you are expecting
similar announcements to drive similar unpredictable bursts, and are looking to find ways to quickly improve your infrastructures ability to handle unexpected increases in traffic. The application currently consists of 2 tiers A web tier which consists of a load balancer and several Linux
Apache web servers as well as a database tier which hosts a Linux server hosting a MySQL database. Which scenario below will provide full site functionality, while helping to improve the ability of your application in the short timeframe required?
A. Offload traffic from on-premises environment Setup a CloudFront distribution and configure CloudFront to
cache objects from a custom origin Choose to customize your object cache behavior, and select a TTL that
objects should exist in cache.
B. Migrate to AWS Use VM import ‘Export to quickly convert an on-premises web server to an AMI create an
Auto Scaling group, which uses the imported AMI to scale the web tier based on incoming traffic Create an RDS
read replica and setup replication between the RDS instance and on-premises MySQL server to migrate the
C. Failover environment: Create an S3 bucket and configure it for website hosting Migrate your DNS to
Route53 using zone (lie import and leverage Route53 DNS failover to failover to the S3 hosted website.
D. Hybrid environment Create an AMI which can be used of launch web serfers in EC2 Create an Auto Scaling
group which uses the * AMI to scale the web tier based on incoming traffic Leverage Elastic Load Balancing to
balance traffic between on-premises web servers and those hosted in AWS.
38. Your company produces customer commissioned one-of-a-kind skiing helmets combining nigh fashion with custom technical enhancements Customers can show oft their Individuality on the ski slopes and have access to head-up-displays. GPS rear-view cams and any other technical innovation they wish to embed in the helmet.
The current manufacturing process is data rich and complex including assessments to ensure that the custom electronics and materials used to assemble the helmets are to the highest standards Assessments are a mixture of human and automated assessments you need to add a new set of assessment to model the failure modes of the custom electronics using GPUs with CUD
A. across a cluster of servers with low latency networking.
What architecture would allow you to automate the existing process using a hybrid approach and ensure that
the architecture can support the evolution of processes over time?
Use AWS Data Pipeline to manage movement of data & meta-data and assessments Use an auto-scaling
group of G2 instances in a placement group.
B. Use Amazon Simple Workflow (SWF) 10 manages assessments, movement of data & meta-data Use an autoscaling group of G2 instances in a placement group.
C. Use Amazon Simple Workflow (SWF) lo manages assessments movement of data & meta-data Use an autoscaling group of C3 instances with SR-IOV (Single Root I/O Virtualization).
D. Use AWS data Pipeline to manage movement of data & meta-data and assessments use auto-scaling group
of C3 with SR-IOV (Single Root I/O virtualization).
39. You’re running an application on-premises due to its dependency on non-x86 hardware and want to use AWS for data backup. Your backup application is only able to write to POSIX-compatible block-based storage. You have 140TB of data and would like to mount it as a single folder on your file server Users must be able to access portions of this data while the backups are taking place. What backup solution would be most
appropriate for this use case?
A. Use Storage Gateway and configure it to use Gateway Cached volumes.
B. Configure your backup software to use S3 as the target for your data backups.
C. Configure your backup software to use Glacier as the target for your data backups.
D. Use Storage Gateway and configure it to use Gateway Stored volumes.
40. You require the ability to analyze a large amount of data, which is stored on Amazon S3 using Amazon Elastic Map Reduce. You are using the cc2 8x large Instance type, whose CPUs are mostly idle during processing.
Which of the below would be the most cost efficient way to reduce the run-time of the job?
A. Create more smaller flies on Amazon S3.
B. Add additional cc2 8x large instances by introducing a task group.
C. Use smaller instances that have higher aggregate I/O performance.
D. Create fewer, larger files on Amazon S3.